Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy New Blog (I mean, Year)!

I have decided to retire my xanga and start using Blogger. Technically I've been using Blogger for the past 6 months as my work blog and have enjoyed it. It has improved since the merger with Google so I'm willing to give it a try. I also had a bit of prompting from an unnamed flowery source. She made the point that using Blogger would allow my non-xanga friends to make comments. And since that is my biggest pet peeve with a certain sports-obsessed librarian's blog, I decided to take the hint.

For my faithful reader: it is my New Year's Resolution to make an attempt to blog more regularly and post pictures on Flickr. I'm not making any promises, but I will try.

Also, it appears that I can add email addresses so that when I post, you get a message to take a look (sort of like Xanga digests, I'm assuming). So email me at my hotmail address if you'd like this service (Cala-Lily, I've already got your gmail addy in there. So let me know if it works.)

I will miss my Xanga emoticons but will try to add other goodies.

5 comments:

Lillian said...

Wow! That was quick! What else can I ask you to do? LOL!

Love the new you. The quote is great. "Libraries are brothels....." YESSSSS!!!

FYI, the email address option actually emails you the whole new post as an email message. Which might be useful if you blog very infrequently.

jennibean said...

Don't expect too many flickr pictures immediately!! I was at work so I probably shouldn't have been working on my blog. But it was Friday before a holiday!

jennibean said...

Okay, it appears I lie. I had some free time at Brandon's parents house so I put some pictures on flickr. But I think I've spent all my Internet time for the weekend so don't expect anything else.

jennibean said...

I wanted to make it purple but it wouldn't work.. the pink looked better.

mona said...

yay. two down, three to go (on convincing friends with xanga to convert.)